Jiffy Lube was growing steadily and needed to effectively outsource specific accounting infrastructure functions as a means of maintaining business continuity and contingency planning.
- Multiple locations made it difficult to forecast budgets and cash flow
- Rapid growth created inefficiencies in accounting infrastructure
- Manual data entry of high volume transactions caused inconsistencies and inaccuracies in financial reporting
- Bookkeeping and accounting resources were unable to keep pace with increased sales
- Heavy workload decreased staff productivity
- No plan existed for business continuity
- High cost of accounting software upgrades prohibited timely updates