Tips to Outsource Your Accounts without Security Fears
By Analytix Editorial Team
September 1, 2015 1 Comments
Outsourcing can help manage deliverables on a slim budget. It also allows your business to grow faster and more profitably. However, security issues can weigh heavily on your mind as a business owner when you choose to outsource.
Still, the advantages of outsourcing far outweigh the disadvantages. Outsourcing today is backed by technological advances that allow for more secure execution of your projects. Keeping this in mind, how can you move ahead with your decision to outsource? Below are a few ways in which you can ensure higher security when outsourcing:
- Research the vendor you plan to outsource your work to. Do not sign contracts without doing a background check, including gathering opinions of those who may have worked with the vendor previously and are familiar with their work and other practices. You can also research the vendor’s resources and infrastructure that will be used to carry out your work.
- Ensure that you create a legal agreement or contract before assigning a vendor all of your work. If needed, seek the opinion of legal experts. Specify your own security requirements and communicate these to the vendor before you start the work. Security needs can differ according to the nature of your business.
- Outline other details in your legal contract as well. These details could include security expectations and requirements in case your work is carried out using cloud computing, etc.
- Outline any other security needs you may have, including practices for data transmission and communication of information.
- Utilize techniques, such as encryption, to ensure safety of your information and data, especially in transmission across networks. For businesses that have staff spread across the world and not operating out of a single physical location, it also helps to outline security expectations before assigning work to vendors.
- Insist on putting into place measures such as screening of visitors, restricted entry to critical area on the vendor’s premises, etc. This can also include steps such as limiting employee access to data transfer points by way of limited access to the Internet, data transfer ports, etc.
Data security is often an all around concern and not limited to data and transfer fears. Check all of these different parameters before you finalize your contract. Once decided, you can confidently go ahead with your outsourcing. Remember, outsourcing will not just save you money and hassles, it will allow your business to grow profitably, faster.
At Analytix, we have helped scores of small businesses grow rapidly and profitably. Call us at 781.503.9004 or drop us an email at [email protected] and we will get in touch with you. You can also visit http://www.analytixaccounting.com to learn more about our work.